Potato Salad Favorite Recipes (about-recipes)
Potato Salad Favorite Recipes
1. BAMBAM BACON POTATO SALAD
* 6 medium potatoes
* 1/2 large red onion
* Cheddar cheese (as desired)
* Pepper Jack cheese (as desired)
* 6 large pieces bacon, crumbled
* 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 1 tablespoon mustard
* 1 tablespoon Thousand Island
* 1 tablespoon Ranch
* 1 tablespoon honey barbeque sauce
Boil potatoes until soft. Cut into slices and mix together with mayonnaise.
Stir in the mustard, barbeque sauce, Ranch and Thousand Island.
Chill for 1 1/2 hours, and then add the cheese and crumbled bacon.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Add paprika for decoration.
The potato salad recipe is ready to serve
2. LITHUANIAN POTATO SALAD
* baked potatoes
* cooked carrots
* purple onion
* hard boiled eggs
* salt and pepper
1. Cut up potatoes and put in bowl.
2. Cut up carrots and put in same bowl.
3. Cut up cucumber and put in same bowl.
4. Cut up purple onion and put in same bowl.
5. Wash parsley and put in same bowl.
6. Wash dill and put in same bowl.
7. Add 3 spoon fulls of mayo.
8. Cook green peas and add to same bowl.
9. Cut up hard boiled egg (yolk included) and add to same bowl.
10. Add as much pepper and salt as you wish. Add a lot of pepper if you like things spicy. Add a little if you don’t like things spicy.
11. Cut up celery and add to same bowl.
12. Mix all ingrediants up until it looks like it is good.
The potato salad recipe of Lithuania is ready to serve
3. ONION POTATO SALAD
* 3 pounds red potatoes, peeled
* 1 large sweet Bermuda, Vidalia or Walla Walla onion
* 1 cup celery, sliced
* 1 large golden delicious apple, diced
* 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
* 20 large pimiento stuffed olives, sliced
* 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
* 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
* 2 tablespoons white wine or tarragon vinegar
* 2 tablespoons A-1 Steak Sauce
* salt and pepper, to taste
Boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain, allow to cool and when cool enough to handle, cut into cubes.Slice onions into quarters and then into thin slice. Add onions, celery, apples, olives and pickle to potatoes.
Stir together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard and steak sauce. Pour over potatoes and combine gently so as not to break up the potatoes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. The potato salad recipe with onion is ready to serve
4. PORTUGUESE POTATO SALAD
* Russet potatoes (6-8 small to average size)
* 1lb. Velveeta cheese
* 1/2 cup onions, chopped
* 1 (small) pimento peppers (sliced or chopped)
* parsley, chopped
* 3-4 bread slices cubed
* 1 stick butter
Boil potatoes in jackets, cool and cube. Layer potatoes in 9×13 baking dish sprayed with Pam. Cube Velveeta cheese and sprinkle over potatoes.
Add 1/2 cup of chopped onions, pimento peppers and chopped parsley.
Sprinkle with paprika and garlic.
Cube 3-4 slices of white bread and sprinkle on top. Melt 1 stick of butter and pour over casserole.Bake 15-20 minutes at 350°F.
*May be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated. Bake just before serving, serve hot. The potato salad recipe of Portuguese is ready to serve
5. SOUTHWESTERN POTATO SALAD
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* juice of 1 lime
* 2 tablespoons vinegar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon cumin
* 1 1/2 lbs. red skinned potatoes
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1 can black beans
* 1 can yellow kernel corn
Boil potatoes until just done. Do not over cook. Cool, peel and cut into cubes.
Combine potatoes, and remaining vegetables. Combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, and spices. Pour over vegetables and toss.Chill. The potato salad recipe is ready to serve
6. SWISS AND CHEDDAR POTATO SALAD RECIPES
* 3 pounds (7 1/2 cups) potatoes, pared, cooked & cooled
* 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
* 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced, for garnish
* 1 1/2 cups finely shredded Swiss cheese
* 3/4 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1/3 cup sliced green onions and tops
* 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
* 2 1/4 cups mayonnaise or salad dressing
* 4 tablespoons milk
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* parsley sprigs, for garnish
*1/4 – 1/2 cup pimento stuffed green olives, to bring out flavor of Swiss cheese, if desired.
Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Combine potatoes, chopped eggs, cheese and green onions in large bowl. Mix mayonnaise, milk, salt and pepper; pour over potato mixture and toss.
Refrigerate several hours for flavors to blend. Spoon into serving bowl; garnish with egg slices, parsley, and a few green olives if desired. The potato salad recipe of Swiss and cheddar is ready to serve
7. TOM’S CREAMY GERMAN POTATO SALAD RECIPE
* 5 potatoes, boiled in skin
* 2 dill pickles, diced
* 1 carrot, diced
* 1 onion, diced
* 3 boiled eggs, diced
* 200 ml cream (a generous 3/4 cup)
* 1 tablespoon dijonaise mustard
* 1 stock cube
Peel boiled potatoes and chop into cubes. Add pickles, carrot, onion and eggs. Mix to combine.
For the mayonnaise, heat cream in a pan, but do not boil. Add mustard and stock (bouillon) cube, to taste.Pour over salad and mix well.Can be served warm or cold. The potato salad recipe is ready to serve