Evil Jungle Prince is one of popular menu coming from Thailand. This dish is popular for the unique name “Evil Jungle Prince”. This spicy flavoured dish was created by KEO, the owner of KEO’s Thai Restaurant, Honolulu, Hawaii in 1977 for his Mekong Restaurant. This dish is originally a red curry with lots of vegetables on it.
Even though it is including main dish, but it is a quick meal to throw together. Most of the ingredient of the Evil Jungle Prince (canned baby born, straw mushroom, curry paste, rice, and fish sauce) can be found in grocery, find it in the Thai section.
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh garlic Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Lemon grass paste Ground
- 1/4 cup(s) Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce, add more if you wish
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) Red green or yellow curry powder or paste to your taste.
- 1 teaspoon(s)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Chicken bouillon
- 1 can Coconut milk Or less than 1 can
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Sugar $
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Red Hunan chilli sauce hot ingredient!
- 1 1/2 cup(s) jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup(s) Sweet yellow onion Sliced 2″ slender pieces
- 1 cup(s) Mushrooms Sliced $
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh red pepper Sliced 2″ slender pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) Sweet peas Halved
- 1/2 cup(s) broccoli Cut into small florets $
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh corn or baby ear corn
- 1/2 cup(s) Sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro Chopped for topping
- 1/4 cup(s) green onions small or large Chopped for topping
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Grilled chicken or tender beef $
- Mix first 12 ingredients into a small pot and simmer it to keep it still warm. Those ingredients are material to make the gravy of the curry.
- Start to make jasmine rice.
- For the chicken or beef that you use for this curry, you can grill it formerly.
- Prepare and slice all the vegetables.
- Sauté the mushroom and the onion, until you can smell the aroma the sauté of the onion. Use lemon or garlic avocado oil to sauté those ingredient.
- Pour all the vegetables on the pot. Sauté them into one. Keep the vegetable still crunchy. Do not let them over cooked.
- In the last 2 minutes or 2 minutes before you serve the dish, add the chicken or the beef into the vegetables, mix them into one. Stir them until it is warm.
- Place the rice on the plate, add the vegetables and chicken, pour sauce over them,
- For the finishing add green onion and cilantro over the dish.