Riau is like the other areas in Indonesia. It has typical foods which reflect the diversity cultures and treasures in Indonesia. Do you know typical foods from Riau? There is one typical food which is served in the form of cake. This cake is called Jala Cake. It is inspired from India foods. Jala Cake is the typical food from Riau but you can find it until Aceh. The serving suggestion is by completing the Jala Cake with Goat Curry. This kind of cake is often found in Ramadan month.
It is easy for you to buy it when you are in Riau, especially in Ramadhan month. It will be different from people who live outside Riau. This reason does not mean that you cannot taste the Jala Cake. You can try to make it by yourself at home. It is one of the Indonesian typical foods so you need to conserve and love it. It enriches the cultural treasures of Indonesia. If you are interested in making this Jala Cake, you can follow the recipe below.
The ingredients of Jala Cake – Riau
- 150 grams wheat flour
- 2 chicken eggs, shake
- 250 ml coconut milk from 1/4 coconut
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
How to make a Jala Cake – Riau
- Combine wheat flour and salt, mix well.
- Then mix with coconut milk and stir well.
- Pour the eggs into the flour mixture gradually, stirring until blended.
- Then add cooking oil and stir well.
- Put the mixture into a triangle plastic.
- Use non-stick skillet, heat the skillet, and smear with margarine.
- Spray the mixture until it is like a net. Repeat until the mixture runs out.
- Serve the Jala Cake with goat curry and pineapple as the complement.
This Jala Cake which becomes the typical food from Riau can be the next choice to be made. It is an interesting food to be tried when you are bored with the common foods. You can get the new sensation from this cake. It can accompany you in the leisure times. The Jala Cake recipe is not difficult enough to be tried so you can try it by yourself at home. You are included in the group who conserve the Indonesian typical foods recipes.