Do you love cookies? Lucky you because we will share an Indonesian cookies recipe with you. Here is how to make perfect cookies. Backing is the most important thing, but read the whole recipe first. Remember that in making cookies, it takes the right combination of ingredients. Therefore, you should measure all the ingredients correctly or it will turn into chaos. Temperatures also play a huge factor. Get to know the quality of the oven. This is not particularly a big problem because most ovens are high quality.
Just make sure you bake the cookies at the right temperatures. Cookies usually need high temperatures, but the degrees vary depending on the type of cookies you want to make. Temperature reading is highly necessary. We also recommend you to pre-heat the oven for approximately 10 minutes before starting the baking session. Additionally, choose the right baking tray. It needs to accommodate all the dough. It needs to suit the size of the oven. People find it unimportant, but it is actually not. This affects the outcome, so better take time to choose a good tray.
People also refer to it as cheese sticks or cheese shortbread. As the name suggests, cheese is the most important ingredient to make these cookies. We can guess that they taste salty. Well, if you like salty food, this is definitely worth trying.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp salt
- 2½ tbsp half and half
- 225 g butter
- 4½ tbsp margarine
- 10o g parmesan cheese, grated
- 25 g of powdered milk
- 500 g all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g cheddar, grated
- 25 g cornflour
- Mix margarine, butter, and egg yolks in a bowl. You can melt the first two ingredients before combining both with the yolks. It will be easier to beat them this way. Use a mixer to combine until they form a fluffy mixture. Add cheese and continue mixing.
- Next, prepare for another bowl. Mix the flour and other dry ingredients. And then, pour the butter / cheese mixture. Wait for a moment until the dough comes together.
- The next step is to the make cheese sticks out of the dough. Just place it over a cutting board, and roll it out. Cut it into small pieces. Each should be the size of a small battery. Array them on the tray or baking sheet. Brush the top of the sticks with egg yolk. It can add shine to them when they’re taken out of the oven. If the tray is large enough, you should be able to cook all the dough once.
- Put the baking sheet into the oven, but do not forget to preheat for 20 minutes at 150 C. Cook the cheese sticks for another 20 minutes at 95 C. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
That’s how to make an Indonesian cookies recipe named kastengel. It is pretty easy, right? There are many other traditional recipes you can try, but we suggest this for those who like cheese. Most cookies that we can find in stores are sweet. The salted ones are there, but not all are made of cheese. Some only use salt to improve the taste.