- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour — white
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins — dark or golden
Cream the oil and sugar together.
Add the egg and beat until light.
Blend in the vanilla and applesauce.
Stir the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, oats and raisin into the creamed mixture.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly-oiled baking sheets.
Bake in a 375-degree oven for 10 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.