Oat is one of a good food that contains so many vitamins that will be good for our body. Consume oat every day can prevent chronic diseases like heart disease and diabetes. Of all the cereals, porridge oats has the best portion of protein which is needed for growth and to repair the damage cell on the body and to help boost immune system.
Consume oats also can decrease children obesity. Oat also contains essential mineral, porridge oat is good source for manganese, which is important in allowing body to produce energy to build bones and connective tissue on the body.
The porridge oat is rich in fibre, which can help to lower the blood cholesterol. High cholesterol happens when fat increase and constrict the arteries, decrease blood flow to the heart. Consuming oat can repair blood flow and bind cholesterol. Jungle oats is a new experiment from oat in sweet version. The raspberry and crispy almond as the topping of the jungle oats makes the jungle oats looks so veggie. Jungle Oats: Good Choice for Good Life.
- 1/2 cup low fat or regular dried milk (I could have used regular milk, but since the bush camp used powdered I figured I wanted to be authentic)
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup golden or dark raisins
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon turbinate sugar or brown sugar
- Whisk powder milk and water together, until there is no lump remains.
- Pour the mixture into heavy sauce pan, and let it simmer over medium heat.
- Stir oats, raisin, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
- Simmer them on low heat on 5 minutes, and then move them from the heat.
- Let them rest for 5 minutes.
- For the garnish, you can use some slices of raspberry and some pieces of almond. Or you can replace them based on your taste.
This portion is enough for a couple days, so you can save the leftover on the refrigerator and reheat the jungle oatmeal. Just add more milk to the oat when it becomes thicker in the next morning. For the variation topping, you can use home -made granola and chopped apple. This jungle oat would also be great with diced apricot or slices of dates in place of the raisin. It will be tastier if you can use a bit of maple syrup agave or honey for replacing the sugar.None found.