Central Java is one province in Java Island. It has many typical foods. Besides the heavy foods, Central Java also offer you some complements menu. The special menu from Indonesia which is famous in foreign countries and also Indonesia is Sambal. There are many kinds of Sambal which are produced in Indonesia. The Central Java has special Sambal which is called Sambal Bajak. It is like the other Sambal but it has an additional materials. The material is acid water. It gives fresh sensation in the Sambal Bajak. So, the customers will feel the fresh sensation besides the spicy taste of the typical Sambal from this Central Java.
Indonesian people are common with Sambal but Sambal Bajak is different. Do you ever taste it? You can try to make it by yourself by following these Sambal Bajak recipes. You can get the materials and the steps of making this typical Sambal from Central Java. Here is the recipe that you can try at home.
The ingredients of Sambal Bajak
- 2 big red chilies
- 3 small red chilies
- 4 red onions
- 1 tsp burned Terasi (condiment made from pounded and fermented shrimp or small fish)
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 laurel like leaf
- 1 cm ginger plant
- 1 stalk citronella
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sliced red sugar
- 2 tbsp acid water (made of 1 tsp Java acid and 2 tbsp water)
The complement materials:
- 4 sliced roasted soy bean cake
- 1 piece fried chicken
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 3 slices cabbage, cut
- 2 legume, cut 6 cm
How to make Sambal Bajak – typical sambal from Central Java
- Grind the red big chilies, red small chilies, red onion and burned Terasi.
- Heat the oil up, then sauté the ground spices with laurel like leaves, citronella, ginger plant, salt, and the red sugar until fragrant.
- Enter the tomatoes and stir them.
- Add acid water. Cook until this is cooked.
- Switch off the stove and serve the Sambal Bajak with the complement materials.
If you are a Sambal lover, you can try this typical Sambal from Central Java which is called Sambal Bajak. You can get the fresh sensation from this Sambal which is different from the other Sambal. The acid water is really felt in this kind of Sambal. The fresh sensation is combined with the hot sensation from Sambal.None found.