Gulai kambing is one of the famous foods of Indonesia. Gulai kambing is preferred because it has a distinctive flavor. It actually can be made from any meat, but lamb has become the primary choice for this meat has a distinctive aroma and tastes great. Its main ingredient is lamb, but what the spices are also essential as they enhance the taste. There are a variety of spices added to the curry, to bring out its aroma. If you want to taste gulai kambing, then you should immediately come to Indonesia because here there are many food stalls and restaurants that sell lamb curry. The prices are quite affordable, but it depends on where you eat it.
Spice paste ingrediets:
- 4 small shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp fennel powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 3 candlenuts
- 1/4 tbsp palm
- 1/4 tsp ground white peppercorn
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 inch galangal
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 200g lamb meat
- 2-3 kaffir lime leaves, ripped
- 2 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1.5 tbsp oil for frying
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, bruised
- 1 Indonesian bay leaf
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 400 ml coconut milk (ayam brand is the best)
- 2 tbsp tamarind concentrate
- Blend all the spice paste ingredients into a mixture.
- You have to heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Then put a little oil and all the additional ingredients into it.
- After that, stir-fry it becomes fragrant and add the blended paste. Simply stir for approximately 5 to 10 minutes until the aroma of the spices out. And then, enter the mutton pieces into the spice mixture and continue stirring until meat changes color to brown.
- Pour the coconut milk and tamarind. Don’t forget to add water because it can dilute the flavor of the lamb curry. The cooking process takes around 2 to 3 hours because this meat is quite solid, so needs to be boiled for a long time. Otherwise, the meat would be hard to bite.
- Bring it to a shimmer, wait for a few hours until the texture of the lamb has changed. Taste it. If it feels less savory, you can add more spices. Please serve the lamb curry hot with white rice.
People usually eat lamb curry with rice. It is considered as a side dish here. For this reason, you must cook rice while making the curry. Some people like the rich taste of this dish, while others don’t. It doesn’t matter, anyway. You should try it first, so that you know exactly what it feels like. You can’t pass your judgment before trying it. This kind of dish is available everywhere. While it is a popular food by the locals, other countries also have dishes that use lamb and similar spices. The spices are what makes this food. You can easily find it in other places, but they probably don’t taste the same. So, please come here and try the mouthwatering dish. That’s a lamb curry recipe.None found.