Indonesian Food Bali: Balinese chicken
Indonesian Food Bali – Bali is one of the most popular destinations in the world. It is rich in cultural heritage, but it is not the only special thing about this island. Bali also has plenty of gorgeous places to visit, not to mention that the local dishes also taste great. Now we will introduce you to Indonesian food Bali that might tempt you to try. The first one is Balinese chicken. Despite using chicken as the main ingredient, it still has a unique flavor thanks to the various spices used.
- Chicken legs
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 8 bok choy leaves
- 20 gm cabbage, sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 6 leaves of lemongrass
- 3 bulbs of garlic
- 1 onion, sliced
- Green, red and yellow peppers, sliced
- Sweet soya
- Fried charlocks
- Chili paste
- Few parsley leaves
- Bring to a boil garlic, ginger, and lemongrass. And then put the chicken legs into the boiling water. This is to ensure that the spices seep into the chicken.
- Take the chicken legs out and put aside. The next step is to deep fry them. It is important to fry them over high heat until they change color. The texture will become crispy, but the inside is still tender.
- Add some oil into a saucepan, and then add the garlic paste and onions. Stir them for a few minutes until the mixture becomes fragrant.
- Add the peppers, carrots, cabbage, and bok choy. Lower the heat and keep stirring. Don’t use high heat because it will make the veggies tender too fast.
- Add 1 / 4th bowl of sweet soy. At this point, the mixture will look dark and beautiful. You can continue adding the chili paste. Just add 1 tsp, it is enough to enrich the taste.
- After a few minutes, the veggies will become darker. This is the right time to add the chicken. Salt and pepper should be added the last. Salt can evaporate, so it makes sense that you add it when the cooking is almost done, so that you don’t add too much of it.
- Parsley leaves are easy to cook, so it is better to save them for the last. Add charlocks and serve.
Here is another Indonesian food Bali recipe to add to your collection. Also this chicken uses.
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 hot red chili pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Combine chili peppers, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, cashew nuts, onion, garlic, and lemon juice in a blender They will form a smooth paste.
- Place a skillet over high heat and add some oil. Put the chicken into the skillet and stir for 3 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Pour the paste into the pan and continue stirring. Make sure the chicken is covered in the paste.
- The last step is to add coconut milk. You have to do this over a low heat because coconut milk tends to curdle when it is overcooked. It will thicken within 15 minutes.
- Serve the chicken.