Fried Kwetiau / Kwetiau Goreng Recipe
Kwetiau Goreng Recipe – Kwetiau sounds like a Chinese food. Well, this dish is also known by the Indonesian people. That is why you can find it across the country. It is sold at food stalls. If you want to try kwetiau that has been customized to the local taste, then come here. It is not only popular in Indonesia. You can also find it in neighboring countries like Malaysia and Singapore. They are quite similar, but have different flavors. Kwetiau is a type of noodle made from rice. It has a unique texture. It is different from the typical noodle because it appears like strips.
The way this noodle is cooked really affects its taste. It can be combined with a variety of ingredients. You can choose your own toppings. Since it is popular by the locals, you can travel anywhere in the country and can still find sellers of this food. If you like chinese food, you will like this one. While there are many ingredients, it uses beef as the primary ingredient. Kwetiau goreng is a popular type, but there is also kwetiau siram. Kwetiau is savory and kosher, meaning that everyone can eat it without a problem.
- 1 pc kwetiau dry
- 50 grams beef, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 5 cloves garlic
- Leek and celery
- 50 ml chicken broth
- 1 carrot small size
- 1 onions
- A pinch of pepper powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Bring kwetiaw to a boil and add some vegetable oil. This is to prevent the kwetiaw from getting sticky. If you use teflon to boil it, then the cooking oil can be skipped. Cook it for a few minutes until it is well done. Take it out and drain. Set aside.
- Peel the carrot, wash and cut it into slices and set aside.
- Chop garlic, onion, celery, and leek. The next step is to saute all these ingredients. Place a saucepan over medium heat. Add a little cooking oil and wait until the saucepan is hot enough. Add the onion and followed by garlic. Saute until they become fragrant. Move it aside and give room for cooking the eggs.
- Place the eggs to the empty area of ??the saucepan and mix them until the whites and yolks are separated. Make sure they are properly mixed because they make the kwetiau looks more delicious. Stir all the ingredients in the saucepan.
- Sliced ??carrot can be added at the end. Don’t forget to add the water. You can add more because carrot takes time to cook.
- When the carrot feels tender enough, add the beef. Some people don’t like beef, so they replace it with sausage or meatballs. Well, you can replace it with anything. You can even use more than one types of meat to improve the taste. Just add anything to your liking.
- Add the boiled kwetiau and stir until they are evenly combined. Add spices, like broth, soy sauce, salt, tomato sauce, etc. Taste it. If it lacks something, you can add more spices.
That’s a kwetiau goreng recipe to try at home.